It’s time to get everyone in York South-Weston moving. The lack of transit and cycling infrastructure investment in the ward has led to overcrowded surface bus routes, infrequent and inaccessible service, and even a cyclist’s death in the summer of 2017.
This cannot go on any longer; it’s time to get York South-Weston moving.
Keep transit affordable
- TTC fare freeze
- Fare integration with Weston GO and UP Express
- Expand free public transit to people who need it
- Fund phase three of the Fair Pass low income transit discount program
Make transit reliable
- Expand 10 minute or better service network-wide
- Fully fund the RapidTO plan, and especially the Jane Street priority corridor
- Advocate for new rapid transit, with the least impact and disruption on our parks
- Keep Transit Public
Ensure transit is accessible
- Protect door-to-door Wheeltrans service
- Improve snow and ice clearing at bus stops