Free Online Sales Portal for Small Business
You are eligible for ShopHere if you are an artist or own a business located in Toronto that:
- Pays commercial property taxes in the City of Toronto (rents or owns commercial property)
- Have fewer than 10 employees or fewer than 25 employees if they are a restaurant or bar
- Is not a corporate chain or franchise
ShopHere can help get your business selling products online for free. Click here to apply for ShopHERE.
Rent Relief for Small Businesses
Canada Emergency Commercial Rent Assistance (CECRA) for small businesses provides relief for small businesses experiencing financial hardship due to COVID-19. It offers forgivable loans to eligible commercial property owners to:
- reduce the rent owed by their impacted small business tenants
- meet operating expenses on commercial properties
Property owners must offer a minimum of a 75% rent reduction for the months of April, May and June 2020.
Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy (CEWS)
As a Canadian employer whose business has been affected by COVID-19, you may be eligible for a subsidy of 75% of employee wages for up to 12 weeks, retroactive from March 15, 2020, to June 6, 2020. Learn more here.
On May 15, the Government of Canada announced they will extend the CEWS by an additional 12 weeks to August 29, 2020.